Miami, FL. South Florida lung cancer survivor-advocate Stephanie Peace and her husband, John, represented Team Draft at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday. The Peaces’ watched the Miami Dolphins take on the Buffalo Bills, after tailgating with some super Miami Dolphins fans. #GoFins
“Tremendously energized by having the opportunity that we had at attending the Dolphins/Buffalo football game! It gives evidence to just one of the MANY faces of lung cancer. Being able to attend NFL games as a cancer fighter is truly a blessing and demonstrates that anyone that has lungs can get lung cancer! We need to continue to TACKLE the stigma head on and these events do just that!” ~ Stephanie Peace
In 2012, we launched our inaugural Team Draft Survivor Series initiative on CNN during a nationally-televised prime time special focusing on lung cancer and our National Campaign to Change the Face of Lung Cancer. Our Survivor at Every Stadium, leverages our connections with the NFL, its teams and players with our relationships with many of the top cancer centers in the country. As a part of our International Campaign, the games allow us to celebrate our survivors, raise awareness, and give hope to those battling the disease, as well as shine a light on the important work being done at cancer research and treatment centers around the country.
Team Draft’s goals are to create a unique experience for participating survivors and to raise awareness on a local, national, and international level by using each game and each survivor’s story to weave a broader narrative about the state of cancer and the hope that now exists for those battling the disease.
Our 6th annual Lung Cancer Survivors Super Bowl Challenge kicked off on November 1, 2019. This unique fund raising challenge gives lung cancer survivors the opportunity to raise funds for public awareness and cutting-edge research that is giving new hope to those battling this often misunderstood disease. The top three fundraisers, announced on December 30, 2019, will earn trips to the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl and the Taste of the NFL.
The survivors earned the opportunity to share their powerful stories with key individuals with influence from across the country.
The lung cancer survivors that raise over $5,000 will be able to designate a beneficiary (Cancer Center or LC Organization) that will receive 90% of their raised funds (-fees) and the remaining 10% will support Team Draft’s mission to change the face of lung cancer.
Special thanks to the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Jeremy Kelley, the NFL and all of our Team Draft supporters for helping make this event possible.