Pittsburgh, PA. PA lung cancer survivor Dave Miller and his family will represent Team Draft at Heinz Field on Sunday night. The group will watch the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the visiting San Diego Chargers. #tacklinglungcancer #SundayNightFootball #LCSM
My Journey. Hmm, how to start. Well I thought I was a healthy, strong, hard working adult. Never called off work, enjoyed my social life on days off. And ate and drank anything I wanted. Basically I felt invincible. At 45 years of age I set Pennsylvania State Bench press record. And was at gym everyday making my body stronger. Umm was I?
After rounds of chemo and a target therapy drug I was stable and was having shrinkage in areas. And rapidly getting stronger and putting weight back on. This was 2016. Also re broke my own Bench Press record for Pennsylvania. What did all this do? Made me party more and live a crazy lifestyle that wasn’t good for my body. I again, felt invisible.
In 2012, we launched our inaugural Team Draft Survivor Series initiative on CNN during a nationally-televised prime time special focusing on lung cancer and our National Campaign to Change the Face of Lung Cancer. Our Survivor at Every Stadium, leverages our connections with the NFL, its teams and players with our relationships with many of the top cancer centers in the country. As a part of our International Campaign, the games allow us to celebrate our survivors, raise awareness, and give hope to those battling the disease, as well as shine a light on the important work being done at cancer research and treatment centers around the country.
Team Draft’s goals are to create a unique experience for participating survivors and to raise awareness on a local, national, and international level by using each game and each survivor’s story to weave a broader narrative about the state of cancer and the hope that now exists for those battling the disease.
Thank you so much Chris Draft and Team Draft. Thank you for giving my family a chance of a lifetime attending a Pittsburgh Steeler game. You have created memories that will last a lifetime.
Team Draft’s fifth annual Lung Cancer Survivors Super Bowl Challenge kicked off on November 1, 2018. This unique fund raising challenge gives lung cancer survivors the opportunity to raise funds for public awareness and cutting-edge research that is giving new hope to those battling this often misunderstood disease. The top three fundraisers, announced on December 31, 2018, will earn trips to Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta, GA, the 2019 NFL Pro Bowl in Orlando, FL and the Taste of the NFL in Atlanta, GA. The survivors have an opportunity to share their powerful stories with key individuals with influence from across the country. #RepYourCity #RepYourCancerCenter #RepYourLCOrganization
**The lung cancer survivors that raise over $5,000 will be able to designated a beneficiary (Cancer Center or LC Organization) that will receive 80% of their raised funds (-fees) and the remaining 20% will support Team Draft’s mission to change the face of lung cancer.
Special thanks to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Lynne Molyneaux, and NFL and all of our Team Draft supporters for helping make this event possible.